Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lindsay's Adventures in Unemployment

A day in the life....

Being as I have now been out of work for...four months lol...my sleeping patterns have changed slightly...I am usually up late at nite (for example last nite ...up until 3am...I really don't know how that happened) But I was up at 9am this morning...however I am ready for a nap now. But I will not nap just yet as I have to go to the gym today...convocations have been messing with my schedule...grrr. Anywho...I have a solid routine...

Wake up...turn on computer...go pee...come back to computer and check for Nikki's good morning email...write her back (this usually goes on for about an hour or so...depending on the day) then go downstairs to get breakfast...watch an episode of something on tv...come back upstairs and write to Nikki again...decide what I want to get accomplished that day....get dressed...go to the gym...come home...putter around house cleaning etc....check the mail....go out at nite. It doesn't sound all that exciting...and it's probably not....but I love it and am not looking forward to the day I have to go back to work. That's gonna mess up my pace of life. lol

The best things about NOT working...
1. No work.
2. No boss to deal with.
3. No clients to deal with.
4. Sleeping in.
5. I can stay out late on a weeknite.
6. No work.
7. I stay in my pjs until about noon.
8. I no longer NEED a coffee in the morning to function.
9. I can wear jeans everyday.
10. Everyday is Saturday.

The worst things about NOT working...
1. No paycheque.
2. The stigma of being "One of THOSE people."

So clearly the pros outweigh the cons lol - well kinda...the no money thing could become a worry in a few more months haha. However...I've been productive with my time off...

Things I have done while unemployed:

1. Gotten my Smart Serve Certification
2. Traveled to Halifax
3. Gone to 7 concerts so far...more to come later this summer
4. Gone to visit Nikki twice
5. Got accepted to University
6. Had one job interview
7. Gone through testing for another job
8. Decided to focus on my health
9. Never been happier.

Lol I dunno what caused me to write this weird post...however...I did...I hope it brought some joy to you...and perhaps convinced you to quit ur job and live the good life!! haha

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home